Fellow MEDA Members,
I am honored to serve as your Board President for 2019! This promises to be an exciting year, as we continue to focus on providing quality education, networking and advocacy opportunities.
The strength of our efforts is made possible by the engagement of you, our members. Even though we are all certainly busy in our daily work aiding Michigan’s economic growth, I’m asking you for one simple thing this year: get involved in just one extra activity that will advance the success of our organization.
There are so many different ways to accomplish this:
- Attend an education and networking event (there are several throughout the year, including our Annual Meeting in Marquette)
- Join a working Committee (lots to choose from: Advocacy, Membership, Annual Meeting, Emerging Leaders, Certified Business Parks, and Education)
- Participate in a special real estate or finance training program offered in partnership with the International Economic Development Council and National Development Council
- Refer a new member
- Encourage someone to join our profession by being part of Get Hired for a Day
- Share best practices by replying to a member’s request for information through our mass emailing system
- Post an available economic development job
- Share our news stories through your social media channels
- Keep your state legislators informed on important issues
By taking any of these actions, you not only further your own professional development, but you also help to strengthen MEDA as the leading voice for economic developers in Michigan.
Let’s make 2019 our best year ever!
Justin Horvath, CEcD
2019 MEDA Board President
President and Chief Executive Officer
Shiawassee Economic Development Partnership